Taking care of your mental health is just as important as taking care of your physical health. Positive wellbeing and looking for the good things in your life can help you stay mentally healthy during the COVID-19 outbreak. Here are some mental health strategies and resources you may find useful at this time.
Help for Adults
- Seek information from legitimate sources and limit time you spend on news and social media
- Take care of yourself first, then you can help others
- Connect with others daily via phone, text and video chat
- Get at least 30 minutes of exercise or physical activity every day
- Do things to help you relax: deep breaths, stretching and meditation, a short walk, reading or listening to music
- Spend time with your household family in positive ways
- Get some alone time
- When it feels like you have too much to do, take small breaks during the day
- Ask for support, including professional support if needed. Asking for help is a sign of strength; none of us can do this alone.